The second stop on our virtual road trip searching for inns with the best online visibility to attract new guests was Paris, France. An overview of the contest can be found on the Great Inn Getaway page. The inns being considered in Paris can be found here.
It was very easy to pick the inn with the best online visibility, Au Sourire de Montmarte, not only because it was the only true B&B which showed up in the organic search results but also because of the high quality of its online visibility.
The other page one search results:
Even though the title is Alcove and Agapes Bed and Breakfast, it turns out the site is a booking site for guest bedrooms, guest houses, and guest apartments in private homes. The rooms are vetted by the site owner Françoise Foret, who performs routine inspections of the properties she lists.
The Capitol Bed and Breakfast site is in French but has prominent links to translate to English, German, Italian, and Spanish. This site is another booking site. A quick search for a bed and breakfast yielded only one result.
Finally, the Coleurs Soleil site appears to be owned by an individual with 2 guest rooms to rent.
The limited search results provide a great opportunity for other Parisian Inns to capture a first page Google listing and really stand out to potential guests as opposed to being one of hundreds of B&B’s on the directory sites. Google automatically includes geography when displaying search results. Creating a robust Google Places Page may be enough to catapult a B&B onto the first page. Try it yourself for your locale. Just put ‘Bed and Breakfast your location’ into the Google search box. On that same subject, Google is now piloting a new feature called Google Local Carousel. You can read an early review on the 4hoteliers web site.
Now on to our winner, Au Sourire de Montmarte:
- The site is beautiful and very stylistic with home page photos of the Eiffel Tower and Montmarte.
- The unique guestbook not only includes quotes from guests but actual pictures of the pages from the guest book which adds personality and lends credibility to it. You know that these innkeepers didn’t write the reviews themselves.
- Easy to navigate photo pages describe visually the surrounding neighborhood, shops, architecture and restaurants. One page is devoted to the cooking school two blocks away with an offer to make reservations for guests.
- A Paris map with the B&B location prominently marked show you where the inn is in relationship to other Paris attractions and neighborhoods.
- They home page links to an active FaceBook page with lots of photos
I’ll be compiling all of my findings and tips to improve your inn’s visibility from the Great Getaways in a free report which will be available after the contest ends. Check back here for an announcement or sign up for my email updates to ensure you get your copy.