Over 158 million people are expected to celebrate Halloween in the U.S. this year. If your inn isn’t fully booked for the upcoming Halloween weekend, it’s not too late to tap into the holiday excitement by offering a last minute booking package to your newsletter guest list.
Travelocity just named their Top List of Halloween destinations from around the world. If your inn is located in or near one of them, you have a fantastic reason to reach out to potential travelers. Here’s the list:
- New Orleans, La.
- Chicago, Il.
- Salem, Mass.
- Portland, Oregon
- Salem, Mass.
- Denver, Co.
- Niagra-On-the-Lake, Ontario Canada.
- Montreal, Quebec Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- London, England.
- Sydney, Australia
- Derry, Ireland
- Bran, Romania
Your booking package could include a special welcome treat bag given to every guest or in true trick or treat spirit, let each guest pick a surprise gift from a big goodie bag.
If you’re not located near one of the locations listed on the Travelocity list, here are some other ways to align your booking package with the Halloween theme:
- Mini-Film Festival showcasing scary movies
- Karaoke contest centered on Halloween themed songs – Michael Jackson’s Thriller anyone?
- Collaborate with the local Haunted House in your town to provide a special deal such as ‘buy one admission, get one free’. Hauntworld.com publishes a list of the top 13 Haunted House Attractions in the U.S.
- Host a ‘Best of” Halloween Costume party, identifying different entry categories. $1.2B is expected to be spent this year on adult Halloween costumes.
- Pick a theme that’s not overtly Halloween related but would fit nicely. Some of the most popular adult costumes this year are related to Game of Thrones and The Great Gatsby.
All of these ideas can be executed with a minimum of planning so don’t over think it:
- Pick a theme
- Decide on a package price and included amenities
- Contact local business partners if applicable
- Create a halloween themed email and send to your list
If you’ve already planned a Halloween special or have tips to share, please tell us in the comments.